Thursday, February 18, 2016

Love stuff and maybe hate stuff too

I don't miss you. 
I mean I do but not in that way. 
Yes I think about you every now and then, how you used to be mine and I yours
But what I really think about is having you.
Having someone there 
Having someone to wake up to and fall asleep to.
Having that forever lasting happy feeling just from looking at another person. 
I miss having that. 
But not necessarily with you
Yes you made me happy 
But I can see now it wasn't as good of a happy as it could have been 
You're a lot happier and I want to get to that point too 
I miss having someone 
Anyone
Having the feeling that everything is going to be alright 
The feeling that you'll always be there when I need you, which lets be honest is always I'm a helpless mess. 
I miss having the random meaningless conversations awaiting to be forgotten 
I miss the places I can no longer go without thinking of you 
I don't miss your laugh or your eyes cause they made me cry
I don't miss the nights that followed it all. 
I don't miss the thoughts that ran through my mind 
Over and over 
And over 
And over. 
The thing that scares me is how real it all felt and how it's completely different now. 
I thought I meant what I said but that was all bullshit. 
Bullshit. 
Bullshit. 
Bullshit!!
But it scares me cause how am I supposed to know when it's real. 
Is it ever real?
I miss the memories and the ideas 
The x's and o's
I miss so much and still so little. 
I miss the cute little gifts 
The notes and texts. 
I miss the reminder that everything will be okay. 
I miss the lazy days together 
And all the giggles, tears, and z's in between. 
I miss that. 
Not you. 

6 comments:

  1. Whoa. That's different. To miss the little things. Not the person. Those are two different things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this was good stuff. Write your feelings; they have value

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I miss that.
    Not you."

    I love the honesty in this. I love how it feels like a fresh start. I admire you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ive never thought of it that way, but I love it

    ReplyDelete
  5. the ending line and line about meaningless conversations

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've thought of it this way before, and I'm really glad I'm not the only one. That's part of the beauty of writing.

    ReplyDelete