Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Sister

My sister and I are were close. So what went wrong? What changed between now and then? Has it really been all those years..

I miss the late afternoons walking home from school singing those silly songs and talking about the things that don't matter to adults. I miss the nights laying in bed talking back and forth in our room. I miss playing dress up and doing exactly as you do cause that's what little sisters do. They see the best in their older siblings and think they're extraordinary. All they want to do is be exactly like the older one. 

That's not how I see you anymore. 

I know sisters fight but not like this.
Sisters aren't supposed to call each other dirty names and make eachother cry this much. Whenever they say I'm like you in school it makes me want to punch something. I don't want to be like you. You are no longer my extraordinary big sister.

Some might think this is a shitty depressing post but it's the truth

 I still want to be your sister, but you don't want what I do.
 And now I'm starting to want what you want. 

4 comments:

  1. this is totally my life. and sibling drama is a lot harder to deal with than people think. it can be a real issue and completely rip your family apart. i'm not sure if things get better, but lets hang on to the hope that it will, together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a shitty depressing post, this is a real issue that I'd have an extremely hard time with and I wish you the best with it, I'm sorry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this makes me so sad. It's really true though. Keep hope.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude I feel you too, this is exactly how my relationship is with my sister. Im sorry it didn't work out for you either.

    ReplyDelete